3 Best Rooftop Tents of 2020
Camping is an experience people from all areas and with countless interests can enjoy. Some people like their tents to be down on the ground, but many people prefer the security and easy movability that comes with purchasing a rooftop tent.
If you are ready to take the plunge and become a tent owner, you will definitely want to consider one of the best rooftop tents from 2020-2021. These high-quality tents can handle rain, wind, and countless trips out into the wild, making them perfect options for the adventures that await you.
The Best Rooftop Tents On The Market
Investing in a tent is not a small decision. You and possibly even your family will be enjoying this piece of camping gear for years to come, so it is wise to consider several options before deciding on one that best fits your unique needs. Whether you are looking to invest in a soft shell roof tent, a hard shell version, or if you are simply looking for the tent that has the best purchase price compared to the value, these three options below are sure to fit the bill.
#1: Overland Pros Anza 1400 Extreme Edition Roof Top Tent (Best Soft Shell)
As far as the best soft shell roof top tent camping unit is concerned, the Overland Pros Anza 1400 Extreme Edition can’t be beat. This tent was designed with the Anza Borrego State Park in Southern California in mind. The material is crafted with a waterproof 360G canvas and crowned with a removable rubber-backed 420D rain sheet. Because of these things, you’ll stay warmer in colder temperatures and cooler when it’s hot outside. Not only that, set up is simple because of the intentional design that eliminates window and door spring rods.
Bedtime is peaceful and comfortable, thanks to the plush, 3″ Queen size, closed-cell high-density foam mattress that is included with this model. The mattress cover is removable, which makes cleaning a breeze.
- Zip-down canvas walls give you a wide range of visibility and provide superior ventilation
- Queen Size mattress is 3 inches thick and is made using high-density foam
- Sliding alloy ladder that is 85 inches long
- Sturdy internal frame is made using oversized 1-inch tubing
- A thick, diamond plated aluminum floor provides durability and security
- Removable rainfly gives you continuous ventilation and prevents unwanted condensation
- Taped, heat-sealed seams improve overall waterproofing abilities
- Transit cover has 2-inch straps and two D-ring tie downs (with velcro) for safe and secure transport
- YKK zippers resist damage and provide secure seals when closed
- 12-month warranty
#2: BunduTop Hardshell Roof Top Tent (Best Hard Shell)
The best hard shell rooftop tent is, without a doubt, the BunduTop Hardshell Roof Top Tent as it’s the only all-electric hard top tent on the market. Custom crafted in Johannesburg, South Africa, this hardy tent is ready for whatever adventure you have in mind. For those wondering: “Can you put a roof top tent on any car?” Thanks to the BunduTop tent’s all-aluminum construction, it keeps things lightweight when you go to lift and secure it onto any roof top tent rack system. That’s right, this particular tent can be installed onto any rack system. Setting up is a breeze as well, thanks to the easy button and pulley system featuring a push-button winch motor operation that will get you completely set up (and of course, back down) in just 30 seconds.
- All-aluminum design
- 12 volt interior winch motor
- Power hookup featuring an Anderson plug
- Crafted using premium Riptech Rip Stop canvas
- Push-button setup operation, including jumper cable override
- Telescoping aluminum ladder
- Retractable/Self-deployed rain fly that covers all sides
- Dual 12 volt USB interior outlets
- Equipped with convenient center-mounted LED ceiling light
- Bonus: pre-wired for optional solar panels on the roof
#3: ARB Simpson III Soft Shell Roof Top Tent, Complete With Optional Annex (Best Budget)
If you want the most bang for your buck, then think about the ARB Simpson III Softshell Roof Top Tent for your roof top tent camping adventures. ARB tents combine an updated design with new materials for enhanced strength, water resistance, and rigidity. This tent keeps you well-protected from any weather condition with its high quality, waterproof, poly/cotton ripstop 300GSM PU canvas and Oxford polyester flysheet which offers superb water shedding abilities. As well, the seams are taped sealed to provide double protection against water and debris while the all-weather vents help to reduce condensation.
Concerned about how to safely get in your ARB Simpson pop up tent? Simply step onto the convenient retractable ladder that supports up to 265 pounds and climb on in! Adding to its strength and durability, the 1-inch aluminum tent poles improve the tent’s overall structural integrity and provide corrosion resistance properties. Another great feature of this popup camper roof rack setup is you can also trust that bugs won’t cause you major headaches, thanks to the screened windows and door.
- Designed using waterproof ripstop canvas
- Crafted with taped sealed seams and all-weather vents
- Retractable ladder made with 1-inch anodized aluminum and is able to support up to 265lbs
- Mattress offers 2.5 inches of comfort and support due to bonded, high density chip foam (removable and washable cover is included)
- Equipped with twist-lock all-weather awning as well as an optional zip-on annex
- UV stabilized and laminated PVC cover
- Oxford polyester flysheet offers additional water resistance
- Completely backed by a 2-year warranty
These three tents are the best roof top tents on the market, and come in budget-friendly, soft-shell, and hard-shell options. Whatever tent you choose to go with, you will be up and running in no time, off on your next grand adventure. These affordable, high-quality tents are sure to last you for years to come, as well, providing countless hours of comfort and relaxation.