3 Cheap Roof Top Tents You Can Find In The Market
When you want to head out into the great outdoors, consider going beyond just an ordinary on-the-ground tent. Investing in a cheap roof top tent is a great way to maximize space while using your existing vehicle as a sturdy frame and mode of transport for your home away from home. Whether hard shell or soft shell, they can provide an incredible amount of comfort and convenience while on an overland adventure.
You might be under the impression that these above-ground tents lean on the pricey side. While there are of course expensive rooftop tents out there, the great news is that affordable options exist as well.
Three of the Best Cheap Rooftop Tents
With an attractive sale price of just under $1,470, the ARB Simpson III excels when it comes to durability and comfort. This tent keeps you well-protected from the elements with its high quality, waterproof, poly/cotton ripstop 300GSM PU canvas, taped sealed seams, all weather vents and Oxford polyester flysheet.
In addition to a convenient retractable ladder that supports up to 265 pounds, the incredibly strong, 1-inch anodized aluminum tent poles improve strength and provide corrosion resistance properties. As an added bonus, your bedding can stay inside the tent during your trip, freeing up essential storage space and allowing your tent to be quickly and smoothly packed away.
This is an excellent option for those looking to get their feet wet with camping, as the affordable price tag is accessible for nearly every budget.
- Made using only premium, waterproof, poly/cotton ripstop canvas
- Seams are all taped sealed, offering twice the protection; all-weather vents are also included, which decreases possibility of condensation
- Retractable ladder crafted from 1" diameter anodized aluminum; capable of holding up to 265lbs
- Mattress uses a high-density 2.5” bonded chip foam; comes complete with a cover you can remove and clean as needed
- Includes optional zip-on annex, as well as a unique twist-lock, all-weather awning that easily pulls out
- Fine mesh screened door and windows help reduce insect intrusion
- Tent cover is designed using durable, laminated UV stabilized welded PVC, vision zippers, and a threefold strap setup
- Water-shedding Oxford polyester rain fly can handle 1000mm/3ft water
- Protected by a generous 2-year warranty
Costing just a touch shy of $2,300, this multi-person rooftop tent is the perfect solution for multiple campers. No matter the season or reason, this tent can become your ultimate on-the-go, outdoor hub. The SkyRise HD is built tough with 600D Ripstop polyester fabric while boasting a 3000mm Polyurethane waterproof coating.
When it is time to lay your head down to rest, you will be grateful for a 2.5" thick foam mattress that covers the entire perimeter of the floor, cushioning your body for a comfortable night’s rest. This tent has an easy-to-deploy design and is also equipped with lockable vehicle mounts.
A bit more expensive than the model previously mentioned, this is a great rooftop tent for those with room in their budget for a roomier tent.
- Medium size is large enough for up to three people
- Oversized doors, windows and skylights provide beautiful views
- 4-season weather protection is provided via 600D Ripstop Polyester - this also comes coated with waterproof 3000mm PU
- Rain fly is also made using 210D Ripstop Polyester and waterproof 3000mm PU coating
- D-rings offer a place to hang gear or tie down the tent when needed
- Abrasion-resistant floor material has a durable, textured finish
- Ladder comes with mid-height adjustment points and a handy auto-close function
- Tool-free and easily lockable mounting system
- 2.5" foam mattress gives comfort and stability
- Foam sleeping pad comes with a removable and washable cover
- Mesh ventilation panel
- Aluminum frame is lightweight, strong and pre-set
- Weight: 114.64 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 58” x W 48” x H 17”
Inspired by the Anza Borrego State Park in Southern California, the Overland Pros Anza 1400 sells for $2,275, and offers a unique and comfortable camping experience. Ruggedly constructed with a waterproof 360G canvas, it is topped with a removable rubber-backed 420D rain fly to help keep you dry no matter the weather .
Setting up this affordable popup tent is a breeze due to a thoughtful design that eliminates window and door spring rods. This vehicle tent also offers a cozy Queen-sized mattress so you and your camping buddy can relax at the end of a long day enjoying your relaxing time away from the hustle and bustle of normal life.
- The tent comes with zip-down canvas walls for improved airflow and visibility
- Queen Size, 3″ thick closed-cell covered high-density foam mattress
- Ripstop canvas is made with 360gsm poly cotton
- 85” alloy ladder with easy-slide functionality
- The internal frame is made with oversized 1″ tubing
- Diamond plate floor is made with a durable aluminum alloy
- Closed-cell foam floor is insulated against cold weather
- Removable rain fly helps reduce condensation and guarantees efficient airflow
- Heat sealed seams offer long-lasting construction
- PVC (1200gsm) transit cover comes with 2 “straps and two D ring velcro tie downs
- Boot bag made using waterproof PVC
- 210 Denier polyester rip stop annex and roomy windows with insect-repelling mesh
- 12 month warranty
These three spacious, durable, and cheap rooftop tents are among the most affordable options for above-ground camping. Whether you want more space, views, or protection, deciding on the perfect tent is a matter of personal preference and what best suits your needs. Overlanding is an adventure in itself, and all of these incredible options enhance the camping experience and make camping affordable for virtually any budget.